This no bake, 2 ingredient, protein filled cheesecake is the perfect guilt free dessert on any day of the week!
Sometimes I really crave a cheesecake but can’t be bothered to bake one, run to the shop if I’m out of eggs, or even make a huge mess in the kitchen so I found a solution! A mouth watering and super satisfying no bake 2 ingredient cheesecake! Thank me later 😉
This dessert not only satisfies your sweet tooth or quick dessert fix after dinner, but also gives you the protein hit you need to prevent you from snacking before bed! How perfect is it that this healthy cheesecake is also low calorie, low sugar and eggless? I highly recommend you give this a go and when you do make sure to tag me on Instagram! Its roughly 160 calories per slice excluding the topping of your choice.
There are so many different variations of no bake cheesecakes from the crust to the filling and toppings so here’s a few different suggestions below!
1. For the crust you can use any type of plain biscuit – malted milk, digestive, rich tea for a low calorie option or for a more nutritious alternative you can use milled nuts (such as cashews, hazelnuts, peanuts, almond, walnuts) but this will alter the texture and flavour.
For the binder in the crust you can definitely use melted butter, the traditional ingredient used. I used a light salted butter. You can opt for mashed up dates but that will throw off that salty element that we want in our cheesecake.
2. For the filling use light cream cheese and mix it with any type of yoghurt or even light cream for a lighter texture but that obviously adds so many more calories. I would recommend using a protein yoghurt so that it fills you up and you’re sneaking in your last protein hit after dinner. Natural plain Greek yoghurt is also a great option!
3. I’m using honey to sweeten this mixture up. You can use stevia or a different type of sweetener to reduce the sugar in this recipe but it is already quite low anyways. To cut the sweetness and just to brighten it up a bit, I recommend adding a squeeze of citrus juice whether it is lemon or lime juice, depending on your toppings. I omitted this part because I added a strong citrus on top!
4.You can get creative with the toppings! Fresh fruit, zest of a citrus fruit, any type of curd. I used passion fruit curd kindly gifted from The Bay Tree food company and it was perfectly tart and was an excellent match to this simple no bake cheesecake!
For the crust of the cheesecake:
• 15 rich tea biscuits (crumbed)
• 2 tablespoons of a light butter
For the cheesecake filling:
• 1 Family pack (340g) of low-fat cream cheese (I used philadelphia)
• 3 pots of protein yoghurt OR 450g of a yoghurt of your choice
• 2 teaspoons of honey
For the method please watch my YouTube video for all the steps and to see my excitement of how perfect it turned out!
And there you have it! Your perfectly, sweet, salty, tangy and creamy no bake 2 ingredient cheesecake!! Super easy to make! You can improvise with the flavours and toppings and get creative! I hope you all enjoy and recreate this at home :D