Look no further for a Christmas dessert to share at your next dinner party! Feast your eyes on this mouth-drooling pastry to wow your friends and family.
Recipe and method below:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Peel and chop a large cooking apple and heat it in a pan on the hob with a little water, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon. Let it simmer and stir until it goes mushy
3. Use Just Roll puff pastry , fold in half and cut out a triangle. Then peel the top triangle off, voila! you now have two triangles! Don’t cut straight across the base if you want to have a tree stump !
Top tip: refrigerate all the leftover pastry scraps to make mini apple pies, little stars etc.
4. Spread the apple over one triangle, leaving a 1cm gap around the edges.
5. Spread oat milk around the 1cm gap and place the other triangle on top
6. Leave a 2cm margin in the middle of your tree, cut approx 8 horizontal slits along each side. Twist all the branches into spirals
7. Brush with melted butter.
8. Now for the magic, sprinkle over your ‘gingerbread galore’ granola (buy yours here)
9. Bake in the oven for 25 mins! But keep an eye as my stars baked a bit a sooner
10. Dust with icing sugar to serve.